Assistant Branch Manager (Calgary)
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Assistant Branch Manager will be responsible for successfully meeting the branch's business objectives as well as the expectations of North Star Equipment Rental's operational leadership, their location's personnel and the branch's customers. The Assistant Branch Manager will provide exceptional leadership by managing the day-to-day needs of the human, physical and financial resources of the branch. The ideal candidate will optimize the profitability of the business, the professional growth of the employees and the overall satisfaction of the customers.
Maintain outstanding relationships and develop new opportunities;
Work hands on in the branch executing the day to day operations
The ability to multitask, commutate, work independently
Assist in the Management of branch's annual budget;
Lead and motivate all branch employees in execution of daily tasks to maintain employee satisfaction & retention;
Assist Director in developing branch and organizational objectives, and also in formulating policies and budgets
Communicate effectively with other branches and managers by sharing information on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
Drive a strong and consistent fleet management program to ensure the highest level of cleanliness, safety and availability;
Seek out and secure continuous improvement opportunities within the branch;
Uphold company's workplace safety standards;
Be an integral part of meeting and exceeding all business plan goals and objectives;
Commitment to providing and maintaining a safe workplace - strong knowledge of safety principles and policies including compliance with all required regulations; and
Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven independent performer with track record of beating aggressive goals.
- Acts in the best interest of the company at all times - upholds company policies, standards and values.
- Conducts business in a highly ethical manner - values honesty and integrity in those he/she works with.
- Committed to achieving goals and continuous quality improvement.
- People management - ability to train and develop staff and managing performance.
- Ability to successfully manage interpersonal conflict.
- Develops and fosters professional relationships with peers, customers, vendors and more senior management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong customer service orientation and experience in teaching customer service skills to staff in a retail environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- At least 5 years of experience in business management in sales and/or operational management with progressive job responsibilities; experience in the construction rental equipment business or related industry preferred.