Summary: The driver will be responsible for the loading and unloading of the NorthStar Equipment Rentals delivery truck to transport all rental, sales and building materials to and from work sites in a safe and professional manner. This position requires accurate paperwork and consistent communication with the NorthStar Equipment Rentals Order Desk.
The driver reports directly to the Branch Manager.
- Safe and courteous operation of NorthStar Equipment Rentals vehicles and equipment at all times.
- Complete daily inspections of equipment and communicate with the Order Desk if any questions or concerns.
- Represent NorthStar Equipment Rentals in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Ensure materials loaded on truck match paperwork description.
- Responsible for securing all loads and adhering to all Provincial and Federal regulations and standards set by the Department of Transportation.
- Maintain communication with the Order Desk after each delivery or pick up.
- Responsible for timely deliveries and returns of tools and equipment.
- Accurate and legible completion of customer paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and safe delivery vehicle.
- Live our CORE Values: Have a Can-Do Attitude, Respect Others, Succeed as a Team, Lead with Courage and Deliver Results.
- Perform additional job related assignments as directed by supervisor
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have a clean and valid class 5 Alberta drivers license
- Willingness to participate with an on-call system and be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be organized and able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A valid class 3 drivers license, first aid ticket and forklift experience would be an asset.