Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for general warehouse duties that include the shipping and receiving of equipment and consumables. Accurate paperwork for equipment returns, loading and unloading of equipment and building supplies while keeping the warehouse and tool crib organized and clean. This position is an integral part of the warehouse team with expectations of providing an exceptional customer service experience.
Complete proper paperwork on all incoming and outbound shipments.
Inspects equipment prior to shipment and upon return for serviceability. Notifies supervisor and Order Desk about damaged or missing equipment.
Responsible for the safe and accurate loading of equipment for site orders.
Monitors the equipment and inventory levels, notifies the Manager of any shortages.
Ensures proper packaging and addressing of shipments for common carriers. Ensures that all dangerous goods requirements are enforced.
Prep and record all equipment for manufacturer repairs.
Ensure that all equipment is properly labeled within company standards.
Responsible for keeping the yard organized and keeping the red and green tagged equipment distinctly separate.
Responsible for general housekeeping in the warehouse, shop yard and external storage yard.
Safe and courteous operation of NorthStar Equipment Rentals vehicles and equipment at all times.
Live our CORE Values, have a Can-Do Attitude, Respect Others, Succeed as a Team, Lead with Courage and Deliver Results.
- Perform additional job related assignments as directed by supervisor.
Adhere to NorthStar Equipment Rentals’ policies and procedures.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a clean and valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
- A valid first aid certificate and forklift experience would be an asset.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks in an effective, organized, safe manner with the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to participate with an on-call system and be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be organized and able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.