Reporting to the Operations Manager, supervised by the Mechanical Shop Foreman, the Small Engine & Equipment Technician is responsible for supporting the NorthStar Mechanical team. They will utilize their mechanical expertise to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program and a detailed repair schedule. This position is an integral part of the service team with expectations of providing an exceptional customer service experience.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a clean and valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
- Diploma or Journeyman certification in small engine repair or a related field.
- Deep understanding of the operation, maintenance and repair of small engines.
- Confirmed ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and have a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks in an effective, organized, safe manner with the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to participate with an on-call system and be able to work overtime as required.
- A valid first aid certificate and welding/soldering experience would be an asset.
- Must have own basic mechanic tools to complete required tasks.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions