Delivery Driver (Calgary)
At NorthStar Equipment Rentals, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and norther Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting to the Order Desk, the driver will be responsible for the loading and unloading of the NorthStar Equipment Rentals delivery truck, and to transport all rentals and sales items to and from customer work sites in a safe and professional manner. This position requires the accurate completion of paperwork and consistent communication. This position is an integral part of the team with expectations of providing an exceptional customer service experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safe and courteous operation of NorthStar Equipment Rentals vehicles and equipment at all times.
- Complete daily inspections of equipment and communicate any concerns with the Order Desk.
- Represent NorthStar Equipment Rentals in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Ensure materials loaded on truck match paperwork description.
- Responsible for securing all loads and adhering to all Provincial and Federal regulations and standards set by the Department of Transportation.
- Maintain communication with the Order Desk after each delivery or pick up.
- Responsible for timely deliveries and returns of tools and equipment.
- Accurate and legible completion of customer paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and safe delivery vehicle.
- Communicate all vehicle maintenance concerns to Shop Foreman.
- Live our CORE Values: Have a Can-Do Attitude, Respect Others, Succeed as a Team, Lead with Courage and Deliver Results.
- Perform additional job related assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to NorthStar Equipment Rentals’ policies and procedures.
- Must have a clean and valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform physical duties on a daily bases.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks in an effective, organized manner, ability to multitask.
- Willingness to participate with an on-call system and be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be organized and able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
*Please be advised this is a safety sensitive position.