At Frontier Employees Inc., We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting to a Foreman or Superintendent a Labourer will be responsible for preparing and cleaning up construction sites, moving materials and equipment, performing demolition, assisting carpenters, erecting formwork, cutting material with hand and power tools, excavation and compaction activities. The Labourer will work in environments that are safety sensitive.
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas.
- Erect/install and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt. Assist tradespersons such as carpenters and cement finishers in construction activities.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
- Assist demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean, and pile salvaged materials.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed.
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps.
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants and remove other hazardous materials.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Maintaining a clean construction site.
- If required, flagging traffic.
- If required site entrance/gate person.
- Maintain organization of storage containers.
- Maintain organization of rental tools.
- If required some basic site administration.
- If required, operate project skip or elevator.
- Review safety policies and procedures.
- Complete and maintain hazard assessment cards.
- Directly work in safety sensitive work areas.
- Ensure safety tickets are up to date.
- Adhere to Frontier Employees Inc. policies and procedures.
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding.
- To solve arithmetic problems quickly and accurately.
- The ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working in construction is an asset.
- CSTS 09, WHMIS 2015, OSSA Fall Protection training